Sunday, June 14, 2020

New experiment...carrots!

GROWING CARROTS AT HOME

I was thinking the other day how I could grow my own vegetables to eat at home. This is a challenge because I live in an apartment building and I do not have a backyard.

I did some research and I found that you can grow a lot of plants using parts of vegetables that are usually thrown into the compost bin!
Here is a site I found that has instructions on how to re-grow plants from 19 different vegetables from avocados to tomatoes. Here is the link:




I decided to try to re-grow carrot plants from carrots that I had in the fridge. Luckily I had carrots in my fridge with the carrot tops still attached.


So I followed the instructions and cut off the carrot tops and put them in a dish with about 2 cm of water. I put the container on a shelf by the window and ...well...let's see what happens!

If you try to re-grow vegetables at home, let me know what your experiment is and email me a photo. I would like to see your vegetable experiments!

No comments: