Thursday, June 4, 2020

Carrot Cookies

CARROT COOKIES

I was talking to my mother recently and I asked her what was one of my favourite cookies to bake when I was a child and right away she said, "carrot cookies"!

I can't remember when I last made these cookies. It was fun to re-discover them. The cookies are not very sweet, but the little bit of orange icing adds a nice flavour.



You will need:

3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter
1 egg
1 cup cooked mashed carrots or 1 can (398 mL) sliced carrots (mashed with a fork)
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

1/3 cup icing sugar
1-2 tablespoons orange juice

What to do:

* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Celsius.
* Cream together the butter and sugar until well blended.
* Mix in the egg and the mashed carrots.
* Add the flour, baking powder and salt.
* Drop generous teaspoonfuls on a lined baking sheet.
* Bake for 10 -15 minutes and leave to cool.
* When the cookies are cool, mix the icing sugar and orange juice to make a thin icing.
* Drizzle the icing over the cookies and enjoy!
* Makes about 3 dozen cookies.

No comments: